Here are the standings for District 27-6A going into Week 10:
- Judson Rockets (8-0, 5-0)
- Smithson Valley Rangers (7-1, 4-1)
- Clemens Buffaloes (7-1, 4-1)
- New Braunfels Unicorns (6-2, 3-2)
- Steele Knights (4-4, 3-2)
- New Braunfels Canyon (1-7, 1-4)
- Wagner Thunderbirds (3-5, 0-5)
- East Central Hornets (0-8, 0-5)
Week 10 Key Games
Smithson Valley at Judson 11/3
Clemens at New Braunfels 11/3 – I will be at this game
Wagner at Steele 11/3
Week 11 Key Games
New Braunfels at Smithson Valley 11/10
Steele at Clemens 11/10
The top four teams will make the 2017 Playoffs. It’s so hard for me to write this next sentence, and I know I will probably hear from some fans about it. The Steele Knights may not make the playoffs. That would be a story by itself; weren’t a lot of people in the media picking Steele to win a state championship this year? Personally, I don’t think that will miss the playoffs.
When the regular season concludes, Judson will remain undefeated; Smithson Valley will be number 2, Steele will be number3 and Clemens will be number 4.
Visit The Statman Speaks for more San Antonio-area football coverage.